VP of Data Analytics
Location : Chicago or Houston
The VP of Data Analytics is a crucial leadership role, focusing on the development of smart Data features and the management of complex data and smart analytics. The VP of Data Analytics leads Enterprise efforts to define company-wide strategy for data and analytics and plays a key strategic role within the technology organization and enterprise-wide. You will provide oversight and direction for the team; remain in constant contact with the strategic individuals in the market that provide feedback in order to compile and provide strategic solutions. Experience as a VP assisting with the lead of the corporate strategy function for a mid-sized organization with high volume transaction processing, payment processing and /or related financial services company.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead the Enterprise’s cultural transformation by leading and growing the data technology group which includes data science, data engineering and analytics. A key contributor to overall strategy and vision, also this position will be responsible for realizing the vision by designing and building phenomenal, data- based, product components as part of the platform.
• Work with senior business and technology leaders, driving the team to explore and discover the patterns that can inform decisions and also explore unique business opportunities that enable us to leverage our collective data assets. The ideal person will have a blend of educational and business work experience and be capable of representing the Enterprise at conferences, trade shows, and client meetings
• Proactively work with other Enterprise leaders in developing efficient and effective strategies for the planning process and providing analysis to key drivers.
• Construct software systems and algorithms used to predict, explain behavior and solve business problems- specifically building both predictive and recommendation models with data.
• Manage complex data by establishing data policies, standards, organization and enforcement of data governance.
• Provide strategic direction to the Enterprise leadership focused on Market optimization, cannibalization studies and consistent updates.
• Develop and implement reports to measure the KPI’s of efficiency and effectiveness. Build-out reporting and business insights that are easily understood by their intended audience
• Use data mining to help design and implement algorithms to analyze and model big data sets. Mine massive amounts of data and extract insightful associations and find insightful associations via analysis
• Ad-hoc analysis and support of business projects as identified or directed by leadership.
• Proven ability to manage a team of analysts with shifting priorities.Skills
• Strategic business leader who understands the business, vision, strategy, financials, and priorities
• Sophisticated understanding of statistical analysis, experience with statistical and predictive modeling analysis tools such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc. preferred
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, actionable and effective manner
• Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and present solutions with minimal oversight
• Strong understanding of the change management processes.
• Strong process development and documentation skills
• Strong understanding of trends and changes affecting talent pools.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong team building and leadership skills, ability to motivate employees
• Deadline conscious
• High degree of initiative; must be able to work independently.
• Ability to facilitate and coordinate diverse teams with strong personalities or management styles.
• Ability to collaborate and partner with Enterprise leadership
• Ability to multi tasks and prioritize
.Experience & Education
• 10+ years of relevant data science and engineering experience working with large data sets.• 5+ years of managerial experience is required.• Experience in multi-location – financial services industry.• Experience with credit scoring and predictive modeling.• Experience in data mining, data aggregation and data analysis using business Analytic tools.• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with evidence of strong analytical, problem solving skills. • Successful experience driving projects to completion with minimal guidance and ability to integrate tightly with various business and operations functions internally.• Excellent verbal and written communication with experience writing, documenting and presenting results of research and analysis• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; extremely organized.• BA/BS in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics Math, Physics, or other technical field (MS or PhD in Stats, Math, CS or related field also preferred)